I hope you're having a great Sunday afternoon! This delicious coffee cake just came out of the oven, and served warm with a cup of coffee, it's DIVINE! I've been super busy this past week creating some great desserts for you, and I have some fun things coming up next week! Can't wait to share them with you! For now, here's the Blueberry Coffee Cake recipe, and if you have some yummy Fourth of July desserts to share, please link to them below.
If you are reading the email version of this post, there is a print link embedded, please visit CajunSugarPie.com to print the recipe.
Recipe: Blueberry Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a 9×13-inch pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup milk and mix until batter is smooth.
- Pour 3/4 of batter into prepared pan.
- Top with blueberries.
- Spoon remaining cake batter over berries.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, oats, 1/2 cup flour, and cinnamon.
- With a pastry blender or fork, cut butter into mixture until coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 tablespoons milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over warm cake.
© 2011, www.cajunsugarpie.com. All rights reserved.