I was grocery shopping earlier this week and came across these babies,
Nestle Toll House's NEW Dark Chocolate Morsels. I had to run right home and find the perfect recipe to try these out!
If you are reading the email version of this post, there is a print link button embedded, please visit CajunSugarPie.com to print the recipe.
Recipe: Dark Chocolate Cream Cheese Upside Down Cake
(Adapted from Upside Down Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake)
- 1 (10 oz) pkg. Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients on box)
- 1 (8 oz.) bar cream cheese
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 9×13-inch pan with parchment paper. (You may also want to grease entire pan.)
- Spread chocolate morsels and coconut in bottom of prepared pan.
- Mix cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter over morsels and coconut.
- Heat cream cheese and butter in medium saucepan over medium heat until melted. (Don't over-heat. You just want it to melt.)
- Add powdered sugar to cream cheese mixture and stir until combined. Drizzle over cake batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 15-20 minutes.
- Invert onto serving platter and remove parchment paper.
- EAT and ENJOY!
© 2011, www.cajunsugarpie.com. All rights reserved.