This is another recipe from my "Top Ten" from last fall (when I had gestational diabetes). Of course, I'm having one of those weeks where I have 100 work-related projects going on, and I can't seem to accomplish ANY of them! Well, I decided to take a break from the not-getting-anything-done routine and take my daughter to the zoo this morning. Yeah, I'm smart like that.
Have you ever been to the zoo without seeing ONE animal? Happens to us ALL the time. Good thing we are members and live less than ten minutes away! Plus, the zoo has lots of cool things other than animals that seem to divert our attention from the actual animals. Today, we went straight to the carousel which wasn't going to start for another 15 minutes, but I threw out the whole "I'm the top zoo recruiter two years running" thing. The carousel driver rolled his eyes (the nerve) and opened the gate for us. We rode all by ourselves like it was our own private zoo. So much fun for my three-year-old!
After the ride stopped, it started raining, so we left (without visiting an animal) and went to the grocery store to purchase the ingredients for this recipe. When I got home I realized I didn't have the lemon cake mix, so I improvised with a lemon pudding mix and a yellow cake mix. The cookies are still delicious and like little bursts of sunshine (even on a rainy day)!
If you are reading the email version of this post, there is a print link embedded, please visit CajunSugarPie.com to print the recipe.
Recipe: Easy Lemon Cookies
Adapted from Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 box lemon instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 oz) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, whipped topping, and egg until smooth and sticky.
- Place powdered sugar in a medium bowl.
- Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls (I use a cookie scoop) into powdered sugar and coat completely.
- Place cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
Amazon Affiliate link inserted in this post. Please read my Disclosure Policy for more info.
© 2011, www.cajunsugarpie.com. All rights reserved.