I thought we needed a nice, cool dessert today since it's like 100º outside, even though it's technically not summer for like 20 more days or something. So, my mailman thinks we're like psycho or weird or something because when he came to the door to deliver a package today, we had the light box out with the super high tech lighting system (not really) taking pictures of these pies for you. He couldn't see what was IN the box, so he's probably home right now speculating with his wife about what was in this huge white box thing that his mail receivers (is that what we're called when we get mail?) were oogling over with a camera. I digress…anyway, these margarita pies are supposed to be made in like, you know, a pie shell, but I decided to make them in martini glasses. Yes, I said "martini" even though the recipe is "margarita". Okay, it's been a long week. I had every intention of putting them in actual margarita glasses, but I, being distracted with like 900 other things, grabbed the martini glasses and didn't even realize it until I had already filled 3 of them. So, here ya go, Margarita Pie in martini glasses from the Crazy Light Box Lady. Enjoy!
P.S. If you don't know what a light box is, just so YOU, my loyal readers, don't think I'm crazy, there's a picture of one here.
If you are reading the email version of this post, there is a print-button link embedded, please visit CajunSugarPie.com to print.
Recipe: Margarita Pie
Adapted from Key Lime Margarita Pie
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (14 oz) can condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 envelope Kool-Aid Lemonade
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- Place pretzels, sugar, and butter in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Place crumb mixture in 4 margarita (or martini if you're cool like me) glasses.
- In a large bowl, combine condensed milk, lime juice, and Kool-Aid until well blended and smooth.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of Cool Whip in small bowl.
- Fold remaining Cool Whip into condensed milk mixture.
- Pour over crumbs in each glass.
- Garnish each glass with 1/2 cup reserved Cool Whip, crumbs, and lime zest.
- Freeze for 30-40 minutes before serving.
© 2011, www.cajunsugarpie.com. All rights reserved.