How about a link party today? I'll start the fun…here's a recipe for Strawberries and Cream Muffins. Link up your summer dessert posts below. You can include any summer dessert recipe post you'd like, just please link back to CajunSugarPie.com. I'll leave the linky up through June 25th, so spread the word. Happy Flag Day!
If you are reading the email version of this post, there is a print button embedded, please visit CajunSugarPie.com to print the recipe.
Recipe: Strawberries and Cream Muffins
Adapted from Strawberry Crunch Cake
- 2 (10 oz) packages frozen strawberries, thawed and drained
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Wilton Meringue Powder
- Make sure to drain the strawberries. Chop and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Cake: In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs until well combined.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until batter is smooth. Set aside.
- Walnut Mixture: In a medium bowl, combine walnuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup.
- Top with a tablespoon of strawberries, reserving 1/2 cup of strawberries for icing glaze.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of walnut mixture over muffins.
- Place remaining batter over walnut mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnut mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before icing.
- Icing Glaze: In a mixing bowl cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and meringue powder until smooth.
- Fold in remaining strawberries.
- Pour glaze over each muffin.
Amazon Affiliate link inserted in this post. Please see my Disclosure Policy for more information.
© 2011, www.cajunsugarpie.com. All rights reserved.