I HATE hard, crunchy cookies!
I prefer the hot. gooey. half-way not-done. soft-centered chocolate chip cookie. Who wants to bite down and almost break your tooth on some hard cookie? NOT ME!
Yesterday, I made some chocolate chip cookies and
burned baked one pan of them too long. I ended up with too-hard-to-eat cookies. Blah! I almost threw that pan away, but I thought I'd be creative instead. I came up with these Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cream Trifles.
Hope you enjoy them! Just make sure your neighbors aren't looking in your window when your three-year-old is carrying around a martini glass and saying "YUMMY".
Y'all have a great FOURTH!!!
If you are reading the email version of this recipe, there is a print link embedded, please visit CajunSugarPie.com to print this recipe.
Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cream Trifles
- 6-8 medium-sized HARD chocolate chip cookies
- 1 (3.4 oz) box Cheesecake flavored Jello instant pudding
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip, divided
- chocolate chips for garnish
- Crush cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding and milk for 2 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Fold 3/4 of the tub of Cool Whip into the pudding until smooth and well combined.
- In pretty glasses (I used 4 martini glasses), layer cookie crumbs, pudding, cookie crumbs, pudding, and remaining Cool Whip.
- Garnish with cookie crumbs and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
© 2011, www.cajunsugarpie.com. All rights reserved.