Watch how my daughter (5th generation) and I make my Great Granny's Sugar Cookies using her handwritten recipe. These simple little sugar cookies are so delicious and addictive. You can't eat just one!
(Print link embedded. Please visit Cajun Sugar Pie to print the recipe.)
Recipe: Great Granny's Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° . Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add oil, eggs, and vanilla until well combined.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt until soft dough forms.
- Roll dough into small balls and place 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Flatten each cookie with a glass that has been dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
© 2011, www.cajunsugarpie.com. All rights reserved.