Recently, I was invited to take part in the Crazy Cooking Challenge, a group of bloggers cooking a featured recipe from another blog and voting to find the ULTIMATE recipe. The challenge for September is the Ultimate Macaroni & Cheese Recipe.
I found a super delicious macaroni and cheese recipe from one of my favorite bloggers, Liz from Hoosier Homemade. Liz's recipes are always delicious, simple, and frugal. She also makes the cutest cupcakes! I used her Baked Mac and Cheese recipe for the September Crazy Cooking Challenge. Yum!
(Print Button embedded, please visit Cajun Sugar Pie to print the recipe.)
Recipe: Baked Mac & Cheese
- 8 ounces macaroni (I used wheat pasta)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, prepare cheese sauce.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Gradually, add milk, whisking continually.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes while constantly stirring.
- Reduce heat and cook about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Add cheese and stir until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
- Fold in pasta.
- Place in 9×13-inch pan and bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Please visit these other awesome blogs and click "Like" to vote for the Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese Recipe!
© 2011, www.cajunsugarpie.com. All rights reserved.