Can y’all believe it’s already the end of April? I mean, where does the time go???
I’ve been SO SUPER BUSY these last few weeks that this month has literally FLOWN by! Because I’ve been so busy, I’m also super tired by the middle of the day and have a hard time staying awake especially if I’m at the computer. I’ve started downing coffee around 2pm. Cappuccino is my favorite.
Yesterday, while I was on cappuccino #2, I had the brilliant idea to make a¬†Cappuccino Cake, so here it is…chocolatey coffee goodness…
Oh and please forgive the fast talk and constant twitching…it’s just the caffeine.
There is a print link embedded. Please visit this post to print the recipe.
- 1 recipe Chocolate Cake
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup strongly brewed coffee, at room temp
- 1 (8oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- cinnamon and chocolate chips for garnish
- Prepare and bake Chocolate Cake recipe in two 9-inch round pans. Cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until fluffly.
- Mix in coffee until well combined.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Refrigerate frosting for 30 minutes before spreading on cake.
To Frost Cake:
- Turn one cake layer onto serving platter.
- Spread 1/2 the frosting over cake.
- Top with remaining cake layer and remaining frosting.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over top of cake.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips around outer edge of cake.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Store in refrigerator.
ÃÉï¿½ÃāÂ© 2011-2013 - Cajun Sugar Pie Press - www.CajunSugarPie.com
Do y’all have any recipes that use coffee?
Shared with: Mouthwatering Monday, Manic Monday, Wednesday’s Wowsers, I’m Lovin’ It, Tastetastic Thursday
© 2012, www.cajunsugarpie.com. All rights reserved.