Recently, a reader (a newly-wed reader…Congratulations, Sarah!) emailed me asking what kitchen/baking items I’d recommend for someone just starting to cook/bake.
I thought I’d share my Top Ten Favorite Baking Tools with all of you! (in no particular order)
1. The Pampered Chef Classic Batter Bowl – I use the 2-quart for EVERYTHING. It’s my go-to bowl for mixing brownie or pancake batter, microwaving potatoes (Yes..Occasionally, I use instant potatoes, but that’s our secret…right?), whisking eggs, storing leftovers in the frig (comes with a lid), or even baking a cake (Yep. You can bake a cake in this bowl). Did I mention there are measurements etched into the sides?
2. Cuisinart Food Processor – I LOVE my food processor for chopping onions, grating cheese, and grinding things like graham crackers and butter to make a crust. Big TIME SAVER!
3. The Pampered Chef Stackable Cooling Racks – LOVE these! Great for cookie making, and I use mine every time I bake cookies. Cakes and cookies cool so much faster. They are stackable if you don’t have much counter space.
6. Wilton Disposable Decorator Bags – I can’t stand cleaning the icing out of bags. Disposable is MUCH easier!
7. Wilton Storage Box with 101 Pieces – If you are serious about cake or cupcake decorating, this is a must-have at a great value. All the tips and tools you’ll need plus a place to store them! Love Wilton!
8. Great Pans – Some of my favorites include: Wilton, Pyrex, Cuisinart, and Calphalon.
9. Rectangle Stone – Owning a stone is a must. I use this for cookies, biscuits, rolls, bread, pizza, french fries, etc. Everything tastes better baked on a stone, and I use this EVERY day at my house.
10. Last but certainly not least my KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! If there was ever a fire, I would go back for this but only after saving my family and the doggie, of course.
Do y’all have any favorites that you’d like to suggest for Sarah? Leave them in the comments.
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. I just love these tools and wanted to share them with you. I am compensated for purchases made via Amazon affiliate links in the post. As always, opinions are 100% mine.
© 2012, www.cajunsugarpie.com. All rights reserved.