Best Ever Blondies
Happy Wednesday, Y’all!
You may have noticed that, due to a peanut allergy in my home, I have replaced my peanut butter obsession with a slightly less obsessed view of butterscotch. Not the same. I know. I need a chocolate compliment, and butterscotch is working right now.
You may have also noticed I’m now in love with the King Arthur Flour website. Ever since I got that bread maker, I’ve been perusing the King Arthur site almost daily. I even have it bookmarked on my Kindle. Yesterday, I came across this Crazy Blonde Brownie recipe with butterscotch and chocolate chips, and I thought I’d try it out, with some minor modifications, of course.
This is now my favorite blondie recipe. It’s just THE BEST EVER!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, stirring until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla bean paste.
- Add butter/sugar mixture to egg mixture until combined.
- Whisk in salt, flour, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and oats. Mixture will be thick.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2011-2013 - Cajun Sugar Pie Press - www.CajunSugarPie.com
Now, it’s your turn to share Whatcha Baking!
Shared withh: Mouthwatering Monday, Creative Thursday, Tastetastic Thursday, It’s a Piece O’Cake, I’m Lovin’ It
Disclosure: I am compensated for purchases made via the referral links in this post. Please see my Disclosure Policy for more details.
© 2012, www.cajunsugarpie.com. All rights reserved.