I’ve been prepping and freezing for our Thanksgiving feast. One of the dessert recipes I was considering was this yumminess from Wholesome Sweeteners.
I had to try it out before making it on Thanksgiving. You know, just in case it was poisoned or something.
These cranberry bars are scrumptious!
The only thing I did different was to use fresh cranberries instead of dried. The cranberries were frozen, so I simmered them in a little water just to softened them before mixing with the remaining crust ingredients. I also used half a bag of mini chocolate chips instead of the regular chips.
Oh so Yummy!
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup Wholesome Sweeteners Fairtrade Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 2 tsp grated orange peel
- 1/2 bag Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup (4 oz) sweetened dried cranberries or fresh cranberries
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream together butter and brown sugar. Gradually beat in flour, oats and orange peel until crumbly.
- Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries. Reserve 2 cups mixture.
- Press remaining mixture into bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and condensed milk until well combined.
- Pour over hot crust. Sprinkle with reserved crust mixture.
- Bake for additional 20-25 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into 24 bars.
- Disclaimer: I am not a doctor nor am I qualified to give medical advice. I am sharing this recipe which has worked well for our personal food allergies including eggs and peanuts. Before consuming or using any recipe or product promoted here, please consult your physician or allergist regarding any food allergies or medical concerns. Reliance on any content found here is solely at your own risk.
© 2013, www.cajunsugarpie.com. All rights reserved.